How to get your SSH Key Pairs on Windows:
- Download and install PuTTY, a free SSH client, at the following link
- Once installed, go to Windows Start menu → All Programs → PuTTY→ PuTTYgen
- By default, RSA is selected. You can then click the option Generate
- Wiggle your mouse cursor around the screen until the progress bar completes
- You can now add an optional Passphrase to your SSH key in the middle of the screen. Add the same passphrase twice. Leave this blank if you do not want to make use of a passphrase
- Once completed, select both Save Public Key and Save Private Key to save the key pairs you need.